ul. B. Prusa 4
tel. (48) 677-00-48
Dyrektor biblioteki: Małgorzata Baran
Godziny otwarcia :
poniedziałek – piątek 9.00 – 17.00
czwartek 8.00 - 17 .00
The Library was founded in 1947 as a District Library , renamed afterwards into a Municipal Public Library. The institution gathers a collection of books from various domains of knowledge, destined for a broad group of readers, especially taking into account those domains that are currently needed. The readers may choose from 11587 volumes. Annually, an amount of 6000 PLN is dedicated to buying new books, in the last few years the library bought also publishing novelties thanks to the donation of the Minister of Culture.
To facilitate searching for interesting positions, the library runs card catalogues (alphabetical and subject according to UDC) and a computer database (created in the MAK system, and since 2015 in the MATEUSZ system).
Users of the library may use the Internet free of charge. All the readers that are searching for information and materials crucial in the quest for knowledge and self-education have the right to use the Internet.
The Public Municipal Library in Policzna has the substantial supervision over the Library Branch in Czarnolas and the Library Branch in Zawada Stara. Mrs. Małgorzata Baran is currently the director of the municipal library.
INFORMATION ABOUT POLICZNA
Policzna- the oldest document confirming the existence of this city dates back to 1191. It was the biggest village in the supervision of the Kochanowski family. The Przeździecki Palace and a church from the XIX century are located there. Policzna has 1501 inhabitants. Here, the municipal authorities, a post office, a secondary school, a primary school, a medical centre, a Volunteer Fire Department and a sports centre are located.
More details are available on the website: